House Destroyed by Fire.— Mr W. Saxton sustained a heavy loss on Monday afternoon, when his seven-roomed house was destroyed by fire. It is not known how the outbreak occurred, for there was no fire in the house excepting that in the stove in the kitchen. Mr Saxton was working near the house when he saw smoke issuing from the roof, and immediately rushed inside. By this time, however, the flames had got too great a hold to be successfully combated with the means at hand, and the building and contents were completely burned, the only articles saved being three chairs, a churn, and two drawers taken from a wardrobe. By the help of neighbors the flames were prevented from spreading to the outhouses and fencing. The house was insured for £400 and the furniture for £150, but Mr Saxton’s loss will still be a heavy one.